Ancient Flax Seed is Today’s Modern Miracle Food
Flax seed is being discussed in many studies for the wonderful benefits it provides. It lowers total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the Bad cholesterol) levels. It may also help lower blood triglyceride and blood pressure. It keeps platelets from becoming sticky therefore reducing the risk of a heart attack.
Flax seed oil seems to be able to heal the inner lining of the inflamed intestines. Aside from alpha linolenic acid, flax seed is rich in lignan. A type phytoestrogen antioxidant and also provides fiber.
Research shows that lignan in flax seed has a great deal of potential in fighting diseases like cancer – both breast and prostate cancer.
The benefits of Flax Seed are significant and if those listed above are not enough…
Here is another Food for Thought:
- Just two table spoons of Flax Seed per day provide the recommended daily dose of omega 3 which – I’ll say it again – helps your heart and your mind.
- It also keeps you regular. And that ensures you move waste and toxins from your body more efficiently. A Very Good thing!
I eat Flax Seed every single day and here’s how:
- Sprinkle it on Greek yogurt
- A Healthy bowl of oatmeal or cereal
- On a salad
- In healthy shake
- Or even in a glass of water
It tastes kind of nutty and is so good for you.
Note: Buy Flaxseed fresh and refrigerate to keep it from going rancid.